The Youth Travel Fund
The mission of the Youth Travel Fund (YTF) is to enable young people in the U.S. to travel and become global citizens. Every young person deserves the opportunity to access the knowledge, inspiration and wisdom gained through travel.
Imagine the excitement of high school students—who normally would not be able to afford the costs— visiting the ruins of the Roman coliseum and working on a farm in the Italian country side or zip-lining through the Costa Rican rain forest and helping to repair a school house for the residents who live on the edge of the forest. These are the moments that can change the path of a young person's life by opening their eyes and minds to new ways of life and bringing out new sides of themselves.
YTF is a nonprofit fund within the 501c3 Railroad Steet Youth Project http://rsyp.org/. It provides funding to students who wish to participate in national or international, secular, service-based trips, but cannot afford to do so. The trips must be associated with a school group or youth group. In addition to providing funding, the YTF also supports the entire group of students in planning the trip, fundraising, and carrying out the service projects. It enables all participants to experience and contribute to the world in meaningful ways. [Read more about the YTF.]
Show Your Support
You can support the Youth Travel Fund by:
1) Making a donation online. (Please write "Youth Travel Fund" in the Notes section)
2) Mailing a check to Railroad Street Youth Project: PO Box 698, Great Barrington, MA 01230
- NOTE: Please make checks out to "Railroad Street Youth Project" with "For Youth Travel Fund" on the memo line.
3) 'Liking' the Facebook page and getting your friends and family on FB to "like" the page.
4) Informing newspapers, radio, and TV stations in your area about the project and setting up interviews for Rosalynn, if you live along the route.*
5) Inviting Rosalynn to speak at your school or organization, if you live along the route.*